homehomeconnectabout


1.21.2014

Focusing in on 2014


You know those moments when you know that you have so much to say but you cannot quite find the words that will do it justice? That is totally the spot that I am in. I have been quite reflective the last couple of months. I have spent a lot of time evaluating this past year, my relationships, where my heart is at, how much I have to really give of myself. I am a planner. I like to have goals, things that I am working on, working towards. So when asked what I am striving for in 2014, I have a lot on my mind and not sure how to say it.

I live my life without regrets. I share a majority of the good (not always the bad but I haven’t really had much bad in the past couple of years) with all of you whether it is through the blog or Instagram. I share my heart, my thoughts, my life and I am open and answer questions honestly when asked. My life is far from perfect but I am really HAPPY! It truly fills my heart knowing that people resonate with me, that they connect with what I am going through. Being able to connect with people over every day life, our fitness journeys, dating ups and downs and any other random thing is truly rewarding for me.  I definitely struggle at times with what I share publically. I try to keep it real but I have learned that there are certain things that I need to keep guarded and fiercely close to me (my love life being one of them).

I have met some incredible people this year. I continue to be very purposeful in who I let in, whom I become close with. I have found that surrounding myself with people that challenge me to be better while loving me unconditionally is the best. I am beyond blessed that I am able to cultivate these relationships and pray that they feel the same about me.

I’ve also met some awful people. I have seen the worst in others. I have learned that people are not always who they say that they are. I have been pushed to my limit, been tested and let go of a lot. It is hard. Painful. Humbling.  It also made me stronger, wiser and in the weirdest way more trusting and loving. I learned how powerful the heart is. I am so proud that I am continually getting better when I could let these things make me bitter.

It’s been over two years since I decided to change my life, lose some weight and incorporate fitness into my every day routine.  It has been such a rewarding journey. I still have not met my ultimate weight loss goal but I am healthy (like cleared of so many issues healthy), fit and happy. I have a work out partner, accountability and use my workouts to relieve stress. It is an amazing outlet and I am beyond thankful for all of the support.


My professional life really came together at the end of 2013. I am involved in some incredible projects. I have been given more responsibility with Pollinate Media and I am so excited with my future with this company. I also got back into Fashion and began selling Stella and Dot jewelry, which I love doing. I am consulting for a non-profit, giving back and that feels incredible. And I still have this blog and se some exciting things happening here. I am busy, striving and still have freedom to just live.


With that said, let's summarize the last two years. In 2012 I made A LOT of changes in my life. I focused on me for the first time ever. 2013 was all about maintaining changes, cultivating relationships and having a lot of fun. I set many goals and I accomplished most of them. Although after May I think I completely forgot what they were. (You can read last year's post here). 2014 feels like it is going to be my break out year. Instead of sharing goals and setting New Years resolutions, I am going to share a word that will describe where my focus will be in my personal life, professional life and my physical/fitness journey. 



Personal 
My word for my personal life is Purposeful.

I want to be purposeful in the decisions that I make, the people I let into my life, the relationships I cultivate and how much I give of myself.




Professional
My word for my professional life is Balance.

My professional life is made up of four "jobs" that I truly love! It has taken a couple years to get to the place but it has all come together. I need to stay balanced in my time management, in the way that I think (business minded vs. entrepreneurial spirit) and with the projects I take on.




Physical/Fitness Journey
My word for my physical/fitness journey is Disciplined.

My fitness journey really is a habit at this point. I work out for my mental health just as much as my physical health. I work out 4-5 times a week, I lift, I seek appropriate counsel when I hit a plateau or need motivation but I would never call myself disciplined in this area. I need to hone in on my diet, really tailor my work outs for definition and stay focused on my ultimate goal.





 Whatever you decide to do in 2014, I wish you all of the best! I am so thankful for all of you that care, follow along and pretend that my life is way more interesting than it really is! ;) Haha.

Let's go out and make the most of the time we are given! Choose to be happy, fight for what you love and never settle!


4 comments:

  1. I love that you're so open about your life. It sounds like it's been a rough couple of years for you, but I truly believe that 2014 is going to be YOUR year. You've made a lot of positive changes in your life. And it's inspiring to watch you on your fitness journey. Keep working towards your goals and I know you'll get there and make this year better than ever! :)

    Rachel
    The Redhead Fashionista
    The Haute Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the best! Thank you! I think 2014 is my year too! Although the last two years have not been rough, they have been an incredible time of growth and change but all for the better! I have never been happier than in the last two years! I am excited to see all that I have worked on come together and be amazing!

      Delete

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails